This week I felt it was important to address a topic that I am passionate about and that I have not discussed in the past. Accessibility is extremely important in the terms of providing a good or service such as a website, audio, and video just to name a few. I have always been interested in finding solutions in this area that can greatly reduce barriers for those individuals who struggle with a disability. The following resources I hope you find useful and if you also are passionate in this area why not drop a comment and share your own thoughts and tips?
- WebAIM Screen Reader Simulation
- WebAIM WCAG 2.0 Checklist
- Wave: Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool
- FireFox Accessibility Extension
- YouTube Captions and Subtitles
- Accessible Twitter
- Guidelines for Accessible E-text
- Adobe presents video tutorials on PDF Accessibility
- Accessibility Basics: Making Websites Useful For More People
- Yahoo Accessibility
- AJAX and the Problem of Web Accessibility
- Making PDF Files Accessible
- Usability.gov: A One Stop Shop on Accessibility
Now that I have laid the groundwork and hopefully raised you curiosity I hope to be adding articles on the subject of accessibility in the near future.